*

Friday, September 23, 2011

Flashback Friday- Teary-eyed edition


My little sister wrote this for a school assignment in what I'm guessing was junior high.  It makes me cry but is also somehow reassuring knowing that my Grandma Rush could be an important influence even after she had passed on.  I know she is for me.

Transcript:

If I had the opportunity to interview anyone living or dead I’d definitely (sic) choose my grandma.  She was my mom’s mother and died 11 months before I was born.  I never got the chance to know her and I can tell that she was a special lady by the way my mom and family miss her and talk about her.  I would want to ask her what my mom was like as a kid and if my mom was anything like her.  I’d also like to know if she was alive now would she be proud of me and love me.  It’s weird.  I never knew her, but I still miss her.

No comments: