*

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Levi, Lately

It's been so sweet to overhear Levi praying on his own lately. He's been having trouble occasionally getting scared at night. He comes to us for a hug but also now knows that when he's scared he can sing and pray on his own and will feel better. The other day I overheard this one: "Dear Jesus, please help me not be scared. Also help my cousins and keep them safe, like if they are riding their bike one way and maybe a big kid is riding his bike the other way then I don't want them to fall. And maybe Ben and I can ride bikes together. AMEN"

The renovation and Levi's love of tools is also an influence on his prayers. The other night, shortly after we put him to bed, he came to the top of the stairs and called to us telling us he was afraid. I reassured him and asked him if he had prayed. He said, "Yes, I did, but God was working with his big hammer and he had his ear protection on while he was hammering and so he couldn't hear me praying to him." I managed to keep a mostly straight face and assured him that God could hear him no matter what. I'm still giggling about that one.

No comments: