*

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving

Our Thanksgiving was a wonderful, wonderful day.  We spent it with Joel, Kelly, Ruby, and Ben at the construction zone, I mean, our house.  I was going to say something about this being the first and last Thanksgiving dinner served in a dining room without a floor but Luke and I are having a lot of fun with this renovation.  It's plausible there might be more plywood-subfloor-holiday-dining-hosting in our future.  Consider yourself warned.

Back to Thanksgiving...to sum things up, my heart is full, I have much to be grateful for, and we had a really fun day with our family.
Singing 'Thank You, Father' before our meal.

As soon as we start singing the prayer he folds his hands and joins in with "aaaaaahhhhhh".

Last year Kelly created a Thanksgiving tablecloth and had all her guests sign their names and list what they were thankful for.  She brought it to our meal this year and we got to contribute.

Levi is interested in anything his Daddy is doing.

As he was unable to tell us what he is thankful for, we traced Milo's little hand for his contribution.  Ruby was able to write out part of her own list this year.  Included: my family, kindergarten, my pillow pet, Teddy, Lamby, and Mama.   Levi's says he's thankful for playing rescue games, all my toys, my new bike, my suitcase.  Ben is thankful for Bobby and his other dogs, crazy dancing, and worms.

Luke's entry.

We took a walk down to the neighborhood park at dusk.

In addition to the wagon we took the scooter and the bike.

Whee!  Downhill is much more fun than uphill.  Isnt' she adorable??  Ok, and look at her shins- covered in drywall dust from crawling around at our house!

Every so often we'd stop and all the kids would rotate.  Milo was content for awhile to stay in the wagon but before too long he made it quite clear that he also wanted a turn on the scooter.

At the park, Kelly going up and over the climbing wall.  Didn't know I was going to get a picture of that, didya?

He's getting so big.

Sliding race.  I didn't correct the creepy effect the flash had on their eyes.  I hope it doesn't cause any nightmares. 

Ben had just been entertaining us with some crazy dancing.

After a long walk/scooter/bike ride and some dinner, the kids were pretty tired out.

Joel and Kelly put their kiddos to sleep at our house and the adults stayed up late playing games. 

1 comment:

kelly said...

i LOVED our thanksgiving! I think we need to pretend its thanksgiving again in february or march:)