*

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day


Dear Lucas,

I wish there was a ‘Father of the Year’ contest I could nominate you for.  Under the ‘special skills’ section I could list all the instances of extreme patience and displays of amazing strength.  It would take reams of paper listing all the stories of your gigantic heart and listing all the hours of hard work you log.  When I show how you always put your family first and what a servant-leader you are, they’ll have no choice but to give you first prize.   I’m certain (since this is my imaginary scenario) they will let me introduce you at the awards banquet.  Of course, I’ll gush at how our boys get your attention, time, and affection and how you model for them how to be a great husband.  And then I’ll get choked up, because, well because it’s me, and I’ll sit down and marvel again at how blessed our boys are. 


This week Milo has been talking about how he will someday be “big like Daddy.”  Oh, when he says that, my heart just swells- and not just because he says ‘yike’ for ‘like’, though that is adorable.  No, I feel that because I can picture it and that peek into the future makes me so happy.  Yes, our boys will be big but I also think that they will dream big, smile big, and think big like Daddy.  I think they will love big- just like Daddy.

Yours,
Amber

1 comment:

Corrine said...

What a beautiful post for a beautiful family!