*

Monday, April 30, 2012

Fishing

Lately, there has been much interest afoot regarding fishing. Lucas fashioned the boys these fishing poles out of a couple of bamboo pieces. Milo was not really clear on the concept but he loved getting to wave a big, long stick around.
 


Levi relentless begged me to take him to "a fishing store."  We went to Bass Pro and spent time wandering around in their aisles and aisles of lures.  Levi had lots of questions.  I didn't have many answers.

Now you know I wouldn't change a thing about my life but endlessly discussing fishing equipment and studying twelve different types of nets was never a mothering scenario I imagined for myself.  I was predicting something along the lines of  reading 'Anne of Green Gables' aloud to my bookish daughters followed by weaving placemats together.
I love watching him when he is fascinated by something.

Milo's favorite was the gigantic catfish.  At first, it made him very nervous and he would move away from the glass when the fish swam near.

It was a good day.

No comments: