*

Friday, July 09, 2010

Dear Daddy (Friday's letters)


Dear Daddy,


I sure miss your hugs but Nana and Papa are doing their part to make sure I don't go without. I got to spend some time out by the pool today and loved watching my big brother jump and splash. I can't wait until next summer when I can get in the water, too!


At the children's museum this morning I also had fun watching the kids play. I would start to complain if Nana shifted me around in a way that blocked my view of them.


Nana watched me and Levi tonight so Mama could go out to dinner with Papa. She said I was like a little bear cub- lots of wiggles and grunts and growls. Yep, that sounds like me.
I miss you!
love,
Miles





Dear Daddy,
Can we get a pool? PLEEEAAASE???
I love to play around in the water. Probably my favorite part today was jumping into Nana's arms and trying to splash her with lots of water- over and over and over. She never seemed to get tired of it. I also really liked putting all the floaty toys in the water and then playing a kind of hide and seek game with Papa. It was so thrilling when he jumped out from behind the big inflated dog! Of course, I had him do it over and over and over again.
We also went to the Providence Children's Museum. Nana and Papa were right, it was definitely up my alley. I was pretty tired from all the activity that's been going on but I still had a great time. I really liked the construction equipment exhibit. I think my very favorite one, though, was the little room filled with the pneumatic tubes. It was like the ones at the bank that fascinate me, except these I got to play with myself! There were scarves and little soft yarn balls to feed into the tubes. They whipped around and then came shooting out somewhere else. I could have stayed in there all afternoon.

After my nap I swam until supper and then I swam after that until bedtime. I didn't complain one bit when Mama put me in bed. I was so tired!
Tomorrow we are going on a train ride! I'll have Mama take some pictures for you.
I miss you!
love,
Levi



1 comment:

Lucas said...

Boys, I must say it sure seems like you are having a blast on your vacation to Nana and Papa's house. I know that Saturday will be fun too as you get to take your first train ride to Boston to see Yaya. I wish I was with you but I know that it will only be a little longer before I can give you lots of hugs and kisses.
love,
Daddy