*

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Father's Day 2009

Dear Daddy,


Happy Father’s Day! Mama and I are glad for a day to celebrate what a wonderful Dad you are.


I am excited to give you some presents. I had lots of ideas and wanted to give you some of my very favorite things- you know, like maybe a school bus, a squirrel, potato chips, a puppy, or a baby. Mama said we could give you some potato chips but the others will have to wait a little bit.

I watch you very closely and want to do whatever you are doing. After you go to work and Mama and I sit down for breakfast, we hold hands and she says a prayer. Then I lean down and kiss her hand- just like you do after our supper time prayer. She really likes that.

It’s great how you always look out for me. You were concerned that I might get scared by the doctors wearing masks when I went to the hospital to get tubes in my ears. You made a special trip to bring home some masks for us to play with. The next day when we went to the hospital, I wasn’t afraid at all.

It’s great how you help me settle back to sleep after I’ve had a bad dream. Thank you for making meal time, bath time, play time, and errands so much fun. Thank you for wrestling with me, praying for me, and singing to me. We have so much fun together and it’s just going to get better as I get older. We’ll be able to go camping and golfing and I can help you mow the lawn!

From the day you heard that I was on the way, you have thrown everything you have into being a great Dad. You never hold back. As I said last year, thanks for how you take such good care of me and Mama. She says she hopes I grow up to be just like you. I do, too.

Love,
Levi

No comments: