*

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Today

I was reading a forum online where women posted their favorite mom memories. Some were hilarious, some were touching, all were relatable.

My favorite motherhood memory?

It happened at dinner tonight. I watched as my 19 month old son, inserted a French fry into his ear and attempted to use it as a cotton swab.

Had I been asked the same question yesterday I would have described what happened that morning. He stopped playing with his toy cars and came over to me with a huge smile and gave me the sloppiest kiss ever manufactured.

Picking a favorite motherhood memory is like picking out your favorite toe- they all have their own particular significance. My favorite memory always ends up being whatever happened that day. Living in the now is one of the biggest lessons Levi has taught me. That attitude doesn’t come naturally to me but every day I get better at it. In motherhood the highs are so high (the first ‘ma-ma’, the first steps, the contagious giggles) and the lows are very low (the three medication-free hours of pushing, the clogged milk ducts, the passionate toddler tantrums) but in between all of that we have the now. The now is my favorite part.

So happy! So tired!


On more than one occasion I nearly ate him right up.

Making family memoires.


The now.

No comments: