*

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Conversations

Lucas has conversations with the baby (who, while in utero, we’ve given the nickname ‘Ziggy’)- helpfully supplying both sides of the dialogue. Here are a couple of the exchanges that have taken place over the past couple of weeks:

While I was sitting on the couch looking quite green from morning sickness:
Luke: Now Ziggy, I want you to be nice to your Mama…you’re making her stomach feel sick.
Ziggy: ok…but Daddy?
Luke: Yes?
Ziggy: I’m just…I’m just trying to grow big!
Luke: Well, I guess that’s ok, then.

Saying goodbye as I leave for work:
Luke: byebye Ziggy, have fun at work with Mama.
Ziggy: I have to go to work?
Luke: Yes, you have to go to work
Ziggy: But…but…I’m just a little, bitty, tiny, baby! You’re making me get a job already?

Luke definitely does the best Ziggy impression but I still help make his/her desires known, saying things like:

“Ziggy was hungry and wanted me to eat the last piece of pumpkin cake…”
“Hmmm, the baby must have been cold, that’s why I stole your covers last night…”
“Ziggy is very, very tired. I’m going to go take a nap.”

2 comments:

The Smith Family said...

Nathan used to talk to Jerrika all the time. We weren't creative enough to give her a voice. How cute!

You'll have to check out our blog, sometime

springjoy said...

I love Ziggy already!