*

Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter High

I don't know about you, but I am feeling something of an Easter high. And no.... it doesn't have anything to do with the sudden increase in the rate of chocolate intake per hour. It has more to do with where I have been, where I am now, and the prospect of what lies ahead because I get to share in the resurrection of Christ.

Where I have been is nothing to be sad about or mad about. In fact, I would tell anyone that it might not have always been rosy or easy but I can look back and see where God was at work in my life. One of my momma's favorite songs talks about counting your blessing one by one and Lord knows that I can count a lot. Amber and I are both very blessed to have awesome parents and siblings who love and care for us very much.

Where I am now is happy and sockless (a reference to one of my Dad's sermons long ago about how God can bless your socks off). I have a beautiful, caring, loving, giving, tough, strong, praying, playful, awesome wife in Amber who truly knows me for all I am and loves me. I feel that she loves me more and more all time and I thank God for her. Her family is an added bonus as they have welcomed me as one of their own and I love them very much. Of course you don't think for a minute that I can't talk about now and not mention my little Levi. If someone where to hold me down and force me to confess what the biggest blessing of 2007 was for me it would be Levi and I would say he has a lock so far on 2008 too. And to make more time for Levi and Amber God blessed me with a new job that allows be at home with them on a regular schedule.

The prospect of what lies ahead is very promising. Our little Levi is showing more and more of his personality and we love getting to sing songs with him and make him smile and laugh. We'll have to see how long his smiling lasts when I sing if his talent hearing pitch and singing is more on par with his Grandpa and Papa than his Daddy. I look forward to praying with Levi, taking him on scouting adventures, baptizing him, playing catch. The fun is really just beginning and I am very excited. I know you are excited too and thanks for coming to visit our blog and share in our blessings.

So soak up this Easter high by taking a moment to count your blessings. I bet you don't have to look very far before you find some really big ones.

God Bless You,
Luke

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

thank you luke for sharing! that was a blessing to read. miss you lots. go team go

loves, lea