*

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Yay Coupons! My New Hobby.

I don’t know if you’ve had the time or inclination to look at any of the millions of blogs on the internet devoted to frugal living. There are all kinds of people out there documenting their purchases and sharing sales tips. With those tips and with the help of my smart and thrifty SIL, Kelly, I’ve been working at becoming a coupon detective. When you combine store sales with manufacturer’s coupons and store coupons you can really save. Lately I’ve been coming home from the store feeling triumphant and proudly tell Lucas what I got. He cheers me on and even patiently plays the game where I make him guess at how much I paid for my pile of loot.

I paid $10.82 for the 14 items shown above. That's an average of $0.77 per item. With no fancy-pants coupon action the total would have been just over $30.

Of course that is not my best work of the day- just the one most easily tabulated. My real work today was taking care of this little guy. He's looking so grown-up to me lately. Compare how he looks now with last year at this time. We're extremely pleased to notice a difference since he got the tubes put in his ears last week. He is less fussy, is saying many new words, and even his balance seems better.

No comments: